Thursday, September 08, 2005

Jinguru Berus, Jinguru Berus, Jinguru awhh da wayeee


So, linked to the bad-tattoo Japanese/Chinese website from yesterday was this little gem:
www.engrish.com

Most people are aware that words are not always easy to translate from one language to another. This site showcases some of the most bizzare things to be formed into a sentence. There are a few tattoos as well, proving you don't have to be white to get a stupid marking you can't understand. I just wonder how they get these words together. At least my Dad's favorite experience with poor translation makes sense:

At one time the Music Box sold keyboards. (They still do sometimes around the holidays) One particular model imported from Japan-I believe it may have been a Yamaha-but I'm not sure. Had legs that you attached to the main body, so you didn't need a stand after it was assembled. Which is a good idea right? Unfortunatly a mistake was noticed when the floor model was being assembled. . . The legs of the keyboard had to be attached with Screws. And what does one do with a screw??? (Hint: you don't hammer it) I believe the proper verb is screw, as in "screw the 3/4 screw into slot B." Do you see where this is going? The verb "screw" describes more than one type of action, apparently this also applies in Japanese. Because the written directions asked you to "firmly F$^k the legs to the base of the instrument" In fact anytime the word "screw" should have been used, "F*&k" was used instead. Really

I just discovered something. If you put "F*" and "@k" together it creates a link. I'm not sure I want to know where this link would go. Yup I'm chicken, I admit it. Enjoy the mangled English.

I love curry, and hamsters are very cute, but I don't think that there is a hamster cheerful enough to get me to buy this product.







As my husband will tell you, I am also afraid of hurt. Great, I have something in common with a lawn.
Apparently I was wrong about there being many boxes big enough for the Walrus to be tossed into like Scrappy-doo. At least this one is labeled "black" so you should be safe.

2 comments:

Putnumber Editor said...

hihihih, good blog to continue...

MezzoDragon said...

Thank you much! :D