Thursday, September 29, 2005

If You Don't Know

People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.-Abigail Van Buren


So I played Texas Hold 'Em for the first time last night. I'll give it some time before it's just something I do to make my husband happy. After all, my problem seemed to be that most of my hands either sucked outright, or just weren't quite good enough. The one hand I did win was of a decent size though. Oh, wait, I won another. Everyone else folded after looking at their hand.

Yup, I'm good. :P

Cheeseish

3 comments:

Theatres Daughter said...

HAHA!!! I could not figure out who this was. Got it now. Glad to see you've joined in the poker craze. I'm with you. I started to play with them because I hate being left out. The key is to learn to tell when other people have good hands and when they have crap. :) Anyway, I can't wait to play with you. :)

MezzoDragon said...

Love to! It wasn't a terrible thing, and I "practiced" on Rich's phone last night. But I think that it will be a long time before I am willing to put more than $2 into a game! :)

jayeofmanyhats said...

Wait did Cathy just say she can't wait to play with you? Oh please god let me be there for that!