Wednesday, September 28, 2005

How can you breathe in that cloud of hate?




I just wonder sometimes, ya know? Why is everyone more interested in their own political agenda then in what is going on? Don't you think more might get done if people stopped screaming at each other about who did or didn't do what for which reason and just worked on making things better for everyone?

But I guess that's true everywhere. Honestly, what good is camping on the side of the road going to do anyone? All I have seen is someone who has found an original method for gaining their 15 minutes of Fame. They might feel strongly about whatever it is, but wasn't there a more effective/less public way to serve their ideals? This was not an issue that was going unnoticed by the public-it was just a way for YOU to get on TV.

What is really sad to me, is that a person who wrote a book that called attention to a travesty mostly unknown to our generation, was given a tiny blurb on her death. I don't remember the date, but I cut out the one inch wide, four line long notice, and taped it on the inside cover of my copy of "The Rape of Nanking". Iris Chang committed suicide-did you notice? Have you even heard of the event? Probably not. That was something to be upset about. I think that Japan has just started apologizing for their war crimes in the last few months-maybe they'll mention it by name.

No Cheese

No comments: