Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Strange Days

First of all, I'm not seeing the post I did yesterday even though I can pull it up to edit. Weird.

Second strange thing: This morning I woke up before the alarm went off. Which isn't that unusual. If I know it's going to go off, I frequently wake up a few minutes before hand, just so I can be falling back asleep as it goes off. But this morning, I waited for it to go off, and waited, and finally looked at my phone for the time. 3AM ugh.

Third strange thing: On Saturday I was at the family business (I left last May) talking to my Grandmother when she asked me how far along I was.
"14 Weeks"
"That makes you. . .just over three months. OOOooh you better be careful, that's when most people miscarry"
"Actually, They say the majority of miscarrage happens by the 12th Week"
(pause)
"Well! That's when both of Mine happened!"

Oh yes, now I feel better.


On a brighter note, I'm really looking forward to this weekend. The family is throwing a wedding shower for my cousin. They've rented something called "River House" for the weekend, and all the adult girls are going up there. Actually except for my aunts, grandmother, and the other female cousin I don't know how many will be there. But I get to leave early on Friday so that I can carpool up. Mom was invited too, but I didn't even want to show her the card. I know they invited her to be nice, and didn't expect her to be able to come anyway. I'm just really looking forward to a little time off from everything that's been going on. And I'll have a chance to talk to the cousin who is due to have her second child in July. Hubby gets to stay home and behave himself. I get to track down a suitcase.

Cheese!

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Comments like your grandmother's make me want to scream. Who wants to hear stuff like that??? I didn't tell anyone buy my parents and J's parents until week 16, but I still heard all the horror stories. I would tell you not to worry, but I know how much good that does.