Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm still here

Or, there. We've spent the last few weeks working on finding a new place to live. And I'm happy to report that we started moving into a nice two bedroom Apartment yesterday. There's a washer, dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, AND, no glaring signs of illegal activities nearby. My wonderful husband and his brother spent most of yesterday moving, and I have discovered that I am a wimp. No kidding, we have a pretty big microwave, and when we first got it I had to move it through doorways much too small all by myself. Heavy and awkward, but doable. Last night, when we were picking up a bunch of stuff from storage, Hubby was standing in the bed of the truck we were using and asked me to hand it to him. So I bend down, being good and remembering to bend from the knees, and try to pick it up. . .Ok, I need more leverage (butt starts to rise). . .still not working. . .I think he waited until my butt was actually higher than my head before taking over. I carried a few of the smaller/lighter things upstairs, but after carrying a SMALL box of cookbooks, I was done for the night. So I started loading things into the dishwasher instead, while poor sweet Hubby humped the rest up the stairs by his lonesome. Well, at least he doesn't have to be at work until 12 so he can sleep in.

So, lemme see. . . before I return to our new home I need to:

A) Decide what to make for dinner
B) Stop by my parent's and pick up more stuff
C) Go buy whatever I'm going to make for dinner

then:

D) Make sure that the dishes I need to cook with are clean (nothing is, after being in storage for a year)
E) Make dinner
F) Be sorting/putting away things whenever I get the chance.

Ugh
Do you think they'd notice if I left early?


Cheese

2 comments:

Chastity said...

I HATE moving!! However, it seems that being pregnant would be the best time to move, so you miss out on all the hard labor :).

MezzoDragon said...

Doesn't change the fact that I feel guilty about it. :(

Well. . .not too guilty ;D