Monday, March 20, 2006

Radio in the Morning

I usually listen to the radio in the mornings. Not so much for the music as for what's going on with the DJs. If something on the radio makes me laugh, it's either a morning show, or LoveLine. And believe it or not, we don't listen to Loveline much anymore. It's kind of like watching the Jerry Springer show. You wonder which messed up person is going to call in tonight.

Anyway, I wanted to post something I heard this morning, because it made me laugh. AND I want to tell hubby about it, but I'm sure if I don't write it down I'll forget about it by tonight.

Almost everyone has had their car, or something they left in the car stolen. (If I ever run into that tow-truck driver in a dark alley, he won't be coming out) So we can all identify with the feeling of discovering something that probably had some value is gone. Even if it's just the window they broke to get in and steal a bag of garbage. Moving on, I think they said that this took place in the Netherlands, but don't hold me to it, I wasn't writing anything down. A man had his car stolen. In the car was two suitcases. A group of teenagers took it on a 48 hour joyride and abandoned it on the side of the road. When the man learned it's whereabouts he rushed to find the car. Both suitcases were still inside just as they had been left, totally unmolested. The man was a diamond salesman. One suitcase contained gems, and the other contained cash from a recent transaction.

If it's a true story, I think it would be safe to say that He was the happiest man on earth for a minute or two.

1 comment:

Cjristina said...

Even if it's not true makes a fabulous urban myth!