Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Baby stuff in the Hou. . Apartment!

So yesterday after work Hubby and I drove over to his Sister's and picked up the crib and changing table that will go in the baby's room. It's a set in a light colored wood, pretty basic, but that's all it needs to be right? There's also a stroller that we are going to get, but I'm not so thrilled with how old it is. The original baby has to be getting close to 10 by now. Of course Hubby has no idea how old he is. I guess there's no reason to worry until I have more information. I have two appointments next week, one with the OB, and the other in the Ultrasound room. At first Hubby said that he was going to be coming to every appointment with me. But after last time he isn't trying to get out of work for both, just the sonogram... maybe it was seeing things like a speculm and pap swab for the first time. Either way in just over a week we should be able to find out if we're having a girl or a boy. I don't think either of us has a preference, except human. But it will make picking things out and regestering sooo much easier.

Weekend before last I went up to Healdsburg with my Aunts and Cousins for a wedding shower. The whole thing was great fun (except for the cruddy bed I slept on). The town is full of cute little hoytie-toytie shops. As in: Oooh thats pretty, (picks up piece of china and sees the price tag) guh! . . I'm going to set this down very carefully now. Anyway, we went into this adorable baby shop. If I had known what I was having, I probably could have spent a LOT of money in there. But two of my aunts got Hubby and I a couple of gifts for me to take home. A beautiful wine red baby blanket, a little bear that looks a lot like a bath poof, but it's suuuper soft. And they both got us the same onesie (in different sizes) White, long sleeves, with "Got Boob?" on the front. Hubby just about wet his pants when he saw them. I love my family.

My cousin (the one not getting married) also came up with a brilliant idea. I was a little worried about the baby shower. Because I know how excited my Mom is about this baby. I mean, she called my Grandmother and told her, including the due date! I can't believe she got out that many legible words at once. I don't know if she will be able to hold it, but it may be the only Grandchild she gets to see. The thing that worried me was that we were planning on having one BIG baby shower. Since Hubby and I ran off to Tahoe, and then each family did their own thing, most of our relatives have never met. So this seemed to be the last good excuse to get everyone together. But the only member of his family who has actually seen my Mom is my MIL, and that was years ago, when she was still mostly functional. And while the adults might do O.K. an event this big is going to have kids. How do you explain to almost 20 kids what a neurodegenerative disease is? So my cousin and I were talking about how this might work, and she suggested doing a small shower just for Mom. The "Girl's Group" used to go on at least one trip together a year, and they were in charge of all of the family get-togethers. They've tried to keep in touch with her, and visit her, but most of the time it just isn't a good idea. So there will be 9-12 people there, including me. And it will be more in her honor than mine. Which is fine by me. It just made me so happy that they want to take the time and effort to do that for her.

anyway, i need to finish what i was doing

Cheese!

Oh! and I made a ticker! Innit cool?!

2 comments:

Chastity said...

I don't know that it matters how old the stroller is, as long as it's still functional. I think the only things that really matter as far as safety are the crib and definitely the carseat. I'm so glad you're finding out the sex. I'm always so curious, and it definitely helps when people are buying you gifts.

MezzoDragon said...

It's the kind that has the detachable carseat. Which is what I want to get anyway, and it's always good to have an extra. But this has been used for three kids already. Judging by the furniture it's probably in great condition. I just don't like the idea of the main carseat being that old.