Sunday, August 14, 2005

So who really needs rest on the weekends?

So I have spent the week in a half-asleep haze. Which is funny since I could have sworn that I got enough sleep. But anyway Friday night after work I got to rush home and pick up my husband to get him to the theater in time for call. But I pretty much got in the way 'till I was able to mooch the most uncomfortable chair ever to watch the show. If you are unaware the show I speak of is "Picasso at the Lapin Agile". They've done a beautiful job remodeling what is now known as the Empire Theater. I hope that at some point I get to have a chance to perform there. My husband did a wonderful job playing a flouncing "gay" man. Christina was terrific, and I can't figure out why she keeps asking Jaye if he washed everything-I can't imagine there's anything dirty left on stage at the end of the show. Seriously- she made a great deal out of what could have been a so-so character. And I adored Anna's costumes, especially the skirt she made for Annie. I enjoyed watching it very much and if anyone I didn't mention wants me to mention them all they have to do is ask. I'll also make fun of anyone if you ask. Have to be Equal Opportunity ya know.

I got to spend the first part of Saturday at the music box. I was reminded of why I was so desperate to get out of there. Not to say that I hate them or anything, but shit! I can't believe what I used to try to work with. And just Grrrrrr!! Then on to Kiley's for the closing of Twelve Angry Men. And being the last night there was a large number of breaks for various reasons. But it was a fun night and Everybody hung out for a while. It's always fun to do that with a group in which there are new stories to be told. Like Harry and Mike on stage in baby buggies trying to make each other break.

I'm really looking forward to staring rehearsal for "It Must Be Love" on Monday. Hubby is getting a little burnt out, but that's understandable at this point. I just think that it'll be lotsa fun working with both Rich and Hugo on another show. They seem to get along really well after sitting next to each other in "Men". I think I'm going to enjoy this show a lot more than I did the last one, Through no fault of the show. Just life.

Tomorrow then.
MDragon

No comments: