Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Seriously, when I spell-checked I had written "Panny Fack"

I don’t think of myself as fat. But I do try to be somewhat realistic. I know that I am overweight and have developed a certain amount of flab. But I am also certain that it is my own fault. Granted I came from a clean-your-plate home, and most of my female family members are of a curvaceous nature. But I really wish that I had gotten into the habit of exercising when my metabolism was more active. Through high school I wore the same size pants and could eat more than most grown men. I don’t know a serving size that wasn’t at least doubled in our house. I briefly joined a gym in college, and I used it for a time. But it got to be kinda lonely and boring. There were never any classes in the middle of the day when I could take them- So I was just stuck doing the same boring machine rotation every time. And I did challenge myself. I got back to being able to do a twelve minute mile.

Ugh, before I do that again I want an ipod shuffle. It’s not like I need a huge amount of space. And anything much bigger you have to make arrangements for. I admit that when I used to use the treadmill I wore a fanny pack for my cd player. If the damn thing wasn’t placed in just the right spot it would spend more time skipping than playing. From what I understand mp3s don’t skip. Buy I need something, because thinking about exercising and the way my body feels is the absolute last way to keep me motivated. I’m tired, and no-one reads this anyway,

Don’t you just love that feeling. When you wake up in the morning and sometime in the night all of the covers have come loose from the bed. and at some point in your sleep you made a comfortable little nest for yourself, with crumpled bedclothes cocooning you. . .snuggle

I saw a couple of birds attending their nest today. Very calming.

No comments: