Monday, November 21, 2005

Mood goes up...Mood goes down

Haven't been in much of a mood to write lately. But some good news:

Rich did manage to get into an Anatomy Class!! (Big Yay!) All 12 of them had filled up hours before he was able to schedule. I'd been keeping as close a track of them as I could while at work. So I told him which were the last to fill up, figuring from experience that not only would there be a smaller waiting list, but, there would probably be one or two people enrolled in the class who would prefer a different time slot-and would be on a waiting list themselves. It's always fun to be right :D

"Peter's Friends" is finally over. UmmmM. . . well. . .It inspired a few things. . .nevermind

Last night at the choir rehersal (for the christmas show I'm doing with the church) we got to run through without the canned voices on the tape. And I had to sing my solo, for the first time, in front of the choir (and my hubby) without anyone else singing it. Mic and everything. And Damn, was I scared. It's soooooOOoo different to be singing like this rather than onstage as a character or as part of a group. It's not even like karaoke, where most of the people singing suck anyway. These people don't suck, and most of them have some training. SCARY According to my husband I did very well. And he was there for the entire practice so he's heard everything and can give a review to anyone who asks. I'm hoping to get that email out about the show (in case anyone wants to come) out today.

And maybe I'm being petty, but. . .If you are telling people that you are going to have a "party" at your home on a certian date, especially if everyone's known about it for at least a week in advance, I think it is supremely bad form to have nothing to eat or drink available. Most people don't mind bringing things-and will, even if you don't ask (proven a few times over) But if you are planning to only be furnishing the location-it would be nice if you said so. Not to mention that some of us would actively avoid a party that seems to be centered around the alcohol available. I wonder if they also invite the people who are allergic to seafood to a crab feed.

--Sorry, I could really keep going, but I'm going to stop. It's amazing how upset a person can get in the space of half-an-hour.

No comments: