Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rumors ARE stupid, send me your money.

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.-William James

Sometimes people are just bizarre. I had a great time at Chilis' last night-it was even worth driving there in my little brother's car. Which is borderline taking-my-life-in-my-hands. Between the headlight that has been out since last winter, the fact that it feels like it's going to shake apart at "high" speeds, and his reluctance to clean the sap from the birch tree off of his windshield-I wasn't happy. Sleepy, but not happy. But I showed up when I was invited. I do so LOVE to be invited to do. . .Just about anything.

"Hey, ya wanna sit in a room and breathe?"
"Just breathe?"
"Yup"
"Nothing Else?"
"Yup"
...
"Ok, sounds like fun!"

And just so you know-I adore the "Shanghai Wings" at Chilis'. My husband and I agreed that it's kind of like sushi without the raw fish. I love sushi. But its easier to get a big group of people to go to Chilis' than, say, Matsuyama's. And cheaper in the long run. Ginger and Wasabi, YUMMY!

Anyway, I just find it strange that people seem capable of believing anything they hear. Even when it goes against what the person in question says, and everything you have seen them do. Maybe I can start a few rumors. . .

BRAD PITT HAS LEFT ANGELINA JOLIE FOR A FLING WITH A CHINOOK SALMON!!!
MOTHER THERESA HAS BEEN SUMMONED FROM THE UNDERWORLD TO DROWN PUPPIES!!
THE MOVIE "THE CAT FROM OUTER SPACE" WAS TRUE AND THE INVASION HAS BEGUN!!!!

AND ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO SPEND INSANE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON MAKING THEIR CARS LOOK LIKE A SWISS ARMY KNIFE MATED WITH A DISCO BALL, ARE GOING TO SEND ME ALL THE CASH THEY WOULD HAVE WASTED ON FURTHER MORONIC MODIFICATIONS!!!!!!!

I'm hoping the last one takes off.

Cheese!

1 comment:

jayeofmanyhats said...

Can I start the one where I am going to Africa to adopt a child?