Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sneaky inspiration

The show has officially started.  I survived hell week - barely.  We had a great show for the preview performance, even if the audience could have been better.  And Last night's show was awesome!  Mostly because the audience was awesome.  I wish more people understood just how much of an effect the audience has on the show.  To have them laugh, applaude and just react to what you're doing. Letting you know that what you're trying to convey has been effective is a wonderful boost.

There is something amazing in hearing a swell in the applause when you go to take your bow at the end of the show when you know that there isn't one person in the audience who came to see you personally. 

I just discovered Operationbeautiful.com and am so excited about putting up my own note in the makeup room at the theater tonight.  :)  Being in a show with so many teenage girls reminds me of just how ridiculous the body-image of a teenager can be.  They are GORGEOUS! and yet every night as we are getting into costume you can hear them calling themselves fat and ugly.  I'm going to stick it up in one of the mirrors by the director's station where most of the cast ends up at some point.  I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction and think I'll probably put a new one up for each performance in a different spot everytime.  I don't really have the money to do gifts.  Maybe I can do some sort of little gift bag like one of the girls did for the opening.  But I've been more of a closing gift person anyway :)  Still I'm going to try to take a picture of each one and maybe write a post on it too.

Anyway
Cheese.

No comments: